Sunday, March 1, 2009

i see

To stare in and look without
In to the mirror I see
A girl on two sides
Both, staring at me
I can talk, but only repeat
Though there are two girls
Only one is the real me.
I can move, and the other will follow
And when I smile, she smiles back at me.
Im stil me, when I gaze in my eyes forever
Fragile, like petals on a flower.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Man this sounds good, especially the I can move, and the other will follow and the when I smile, she smiles back at me parts.
I just don't know what allusion you're going for but that's probably because of my lack of knowledge about mythology.
Sounds Japanese-y but if I had to take a stab I'd say Narciss-whatever his name was.
The conceited one, but you're not conceited sooooo yeah, lost now...
Hahah anyway maybe you can add another metaphor after fragile like flowers so it doesn't just sound so random

lsueoka said...

Robynn,
Like Kasey, I like the imagery of the poem but I can't tell the allusion. I think you'd need to give more specific details, both about the allusion and about the connection to you.
Don't forget the graphic.
mrs s