Wednesday, December 3, 2008

faster stop

Dear jack-in-the-box,

Don’t get me wrong I love your food. I think that there are a lot of flavor to it and the prices are great. i also think that your idea of serving breakfast all day is superb, there’s nothing like craving breakfast late at night! However your food is great, but your service is a little slow.

Going through the drive through its, place your order, pay, and drive off with your food with no need to stopping into pick up your food. I recall a few times where that’s not how it went. We had to pull off to the side and wait for our food. Is that how it supposed to go? I understand that there might be other cars behind, but the drive through means you just drive through, not sit and wait on the side.

Other times while ordering something, it’s hard to understand some of the people that take down your orders. This throws off everything since and sometimes you don’t know what your price of your bill is and scramble last minute to get the correct amount of money that you didn’t think it was.
I feel that something has to be done to that system and make it more of a drive through. Even though your slogan is “we don’t make it till your order it” there is some catch between that because although it’s a fast food stop, its not fast.

3 comments:

I'm Knot Dumb said...

Hey its Dj!
I really like your argument because I can relate, they did that to me a few times, one time they took so long we got out of the car and ended up eating inside. It seems like you feel more disappointed then angry, isn't this suppose to be a "angry" letter? in other words, I think you should express your feeling more, how you felt? what did you do? more supporting details not just support. You also have very minor adjustments to make "superb" what's that? haha. On the other had I love your closing sentence how you point up there slogan and use it against them.
Just shape it up and you'll leave Jack'n the Box in his box, where he belongs. (ok that joke was lame)

Ceres said...

hi,
I really like how you end your angry letter. You end it with "Even though your slogan is “we don’t make it till your order it” there is some catch between that because although it’s a fast food stop, its not fast." And you have detail on what you think jack-in-the-box did great. but I think that you should have more detail on how you are feeling about this and more detail on your experience.

lsueoka said...

Hi Robynn,
You have some specific examples about the bad service at Jack in the Box, but they need to be even more specific. When you are complaining about service, the employer can only take action if you can give dates and times. That way, they can target exactly when it happened and take steps to remind/retrain/etc.
My other comment, thoough, is that you need to do a better job on your draft. There are way too many careless errors. When we do the blog commentary, I expect that everyone puts enough effort into their drafts to make it worth the time and effort of their classmates and myself to go through an read and comment on these drafts. This one looked pretty rough and should have been more carefully done to be deserving of a critique.
mrs s